Rather than filling your e-mail in-basket, we ask that you chose your latest Rotary News. Below, the monthly updates to our District 5020 Newsletter, Rotary International News, Future Vision, Disaster Aid Canada, and Shelterbox Canada.
|District 5020 Governor (that's ours) publishes a monthly newsletter, Clik here for the Newsletter & what other Clubs are doing|
District Governor Judy Byron
Assistant District Governor
|Rotary International News|
Sign-up for digital edition of The Rotarian Magazine
- Find resources for planning your centennial celebration
- Tuesday, 2 February 2016, 09:30 AM
- We're kicking off The Rotary Foundation's centennial celebration at the Korea convention, 28 May-1 June. But you can get started now planning your club's centennial activities with the resources available in our promotion kit: Ideas and activities for clubs Doing Good in the World promotional flier Doing Good in the World bookmark Sample press release Centennial letterhead Centennial PowerPoint template Centennial postcard History of The Rotary Foundation PowerPoint Find more ideas in "Rotary's Foundation Is Turning 100," in the January issue of Rotary Leader Watch and download A Century of...
- Rotary's 2016 International Assembly coverage and resources
- Friday, 22 January 2016, 02:00 AM
- Rotary's annual training meeting gives incoming district governors from around the world the chance to share ideas for strengthening clubs and improving communities. Learn more about the new presidential theme, Rotary Serving Humanity, and find photos, videos, and speeches from the event. Download resources to use with your club and district. News coverage Germ reveals 'Rotary Serving Humanity' as 2016-17 presidential theme Rotary Voices Read reactions from the assembly Photos 2016 Rotary International Assembly photo gallery Videos 2016-17 presidential theme announcement Find more videos...
- 2016 Rotary International Assembly Photo Gallery
- Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 04:30 PM
- Michele Berg named deputy general secretary
- Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 01:30 PM
- Michele Berg has been selected to help lead Rotary’s operations as deputy general secretary. In this role, she will work alongside General Secretary John Hewko to ensure effective internal operating policies and implement strategies and programs. In her previous role as Rotary’s chief programs and member services officer, Berg led a team of more than 150 staff members who support membership development, learning and development, and programs. She has worked for Rotary since 2001. “Michele is an outstanding leader who has been instrumental in ensuring that we provide high-quality services to...
- Rotary condemns deadly attack on polio security personnel in Pakistan
- Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 02:00 PM
- Rotary members and our partners in the fight to eradicate polio offer our heartfelt condolences and express a deep sadness in the wake of a horrific bomb attack in Quetta, Pakistan, that took the lives of at least 15 security personnel on 13 January. This tragic attack outside a polio immunization center is a stark reminder of the dangers faced by Rotary, our partners in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, and the brave women and men on the front lines of our effort to protect all children from the paralyzing effects of polio. While the bombing will be investigated, one thing is clear:...
- New online process makes it easy to follow up on prospective members
- Monday, 7 December 2015, 04:15 PM
- Tracking your membership leads is easier than ever. District leaders and club officers can now review inquiries from prospective, referred, and relocating or returning members -- all in one place. Sign in to My Rotary and visit the Club and District Administration pages to discover how easy it is to manage your online membership leads and review reports. You’ll also find guides to help walk you through the new process. To refer a member or begin the process of changing clubs, visit the Member Center. If you’re not a Rotary member but are interested in joining us, you can learn more about club...
|Disaster Aid Canada|
- John Joynt Joins Disaster Aid Team
- Following the recent retirement of Don & Anne Ohlgren, John Joynt, a high profile business executive, Rotarian and incoming Club President, has volunteered to work with the Board of Disaster Aid Canada to increase the profile and visibility of Disaster Aid Canada and the many facets of the operations.
- Executive Director Retires
- At the annual year-end board meeting of Disaster Aid Canada, Don Ohlgren submitted his resignation as the Executive Director of Disaster Aid Canada.
- Little Dresses for Africa
- We just sent 500 little dresses to Thailand to Global Neighbours. They will surely use them to assist with the thousands of refugees that they work with on Myanmar border. From their side they said these are a godsend for them and will give the little girls a sense of security and let them know that someone somewhere cares for them.
- Soap For Hope
- We also have just sent over 500 hygiene kits to our partners; Global Neighbours. Pictures attached of volunteers helping to process the nearly one ton of used soap that we are now collecting every month from Victoria and Vancouver Islands best hotels. More and more hotels are calling us every day to come on with this ingenious program that turns the wasted soaps and shampoos into brand new hygiene kits that literally save lives by cleaning hands and bodies.
- New Volunteer Program
- With so much new stuff happening now, we encourge volunteers to come into our Victoria Warehouse and assist us to prepare and pack the soap Hygiene Kits.
Water Purification Plant
|Shelter Box Canada News|
- ShelterBox at Australian Jamboree 2013
- Box It! Scouts learn about disaster relief and have some fun in Maryborough
- Kringloopwinkel RE-SELL geeft 27 ShelterBoxes!
- De winkel uit ’s Gravenzande doneert 20,000 Euro aan SB Westland
- UK charity Shelterbox poised to help in wake of Australia’s fires
- Less than four years ago ShelterBox responded to the loss of around 900 homes in Victoria’s fire-ravaged Whittlesea area. Now it is on standby again as fires destroy homes in Tasmania.
- Rotary Clubs Wateringen en Maassluis doneren 8 ShelterBoxes
- Opbrengst van de old timer toerrit in 2012 brengt waardigheid, onderdak en warmte
- ShelterBox and Rotary in Madagascar
- ShelterBox and Rotary, invaluable partnership